Human Activities add pollutants to the atmosphere
- Sulfure Dioxide (SO2)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Particulates (Microscopic particals of Carbon)
Burning fossil fuels contributes to air pollutants, these include:
Harmful pollutants are usually invisable.
Smoke is usually visible because it contains particles.
Smoke makes things dirty.
- Sulfure dioxide causes A C I D R A I N
- Carbon monoxide (CO) is a Poisonous gas. it reacts with blood and can kill you!
- nitrogen dioxide (NO2) A C I D R A I N , causes breathing problems
- particulates - makes things dirty, makes lung infections worst!
Earths atmosphere provides a protective blanket, it supports life.
In clean air:
Gas Percentage by volume
nitrogern (N2) 78%
Oxygen (O2) 21%
Argon (Ar) 1%
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 0.04%
Water (H20) Variable 0-4