- Eat regular meals - never skip but most importantly breakfast as this is the most important meal of the day. By skipping meals we are encouraging our body to go into starvation mode and store in fat.
- At least eat five portions of vegetables each day. they can be a variety of preseervation mehtods in them for example, tinned to frozen. One portion is equivalent to 80g:
- one 150ml glass of fruit juice
- one oragne, one apple, one banana,
- half a grapefruit
- a uarter of cucumber
- two plums
- one pepper or tomato
- three heaped tablespoons of loose vegetables ie sweetcorn
- Eat oily fish regularly
- choose organic produce wherever possible
- eat more whole grains - barley, rye and brown rice instead of white rice.
- Drink at least eight 225ml glasses of water a day so roughly about 2 litres a day.
1 of 2
- Do not eat too much saturated fat as this could lead to heart disease. So reduce in foods such as fried foods and red meat
- Avoid eating too many sugary foods. sweets. chocolate or pudding and fizzy drinks
- Dont buy processed foods. Choose foods that are fresh and our in their natural state.
- Aviod too much caffiene. If excess amounts are taken it can lead o irribality, insomnia and feverish symptoms. Very high doses can lead to more serious problems. People that more coffe in a day will have a higher risk of a heart attack.
- Try not to consume too much alcohol.
- Don't add salt to you food instead taste the food before you add the salt and then keep thatto a minimum.
2 of 2
Similar Design & Technology: Food Technology resources: