Four components of the cognitive interview
- Report everything:- the interviewer encourages the reporting of evry single detail of the event.
- Mental reinstatement of the original context:- the interviewer encourages the interviewee to mentally recreate the environment and context from the incident.
- Changing the order:- the interviewer may try alternative ways through the timeline of the incident.
- Changing the perspective:- the interviewee is asked to recall the incident from mutiple perspectives.
1 of 2
What is wrong with CI?
- It takesup a lot of time and effort from the interviewers point of view.
- There are many forms of the CI so it might be hard to evaluate.
- It takes up time and money to train interviewers up for the CI.
- Some forms of CI works better for some than others-this means there will not always be accurate recall of events.
2 of 2