- Created by: ambermason0608
- Created on: 19-10-18 10:51
The Poem was written after the World Cup 2010 when England were prevented from reaching the quarter finals after they were beaten by Germany
Initial ideas about poem
- Responsibility- country/nation
- comfort/ humour/ sarcastic
Personal Pronoun "me"
- acknowledgement of being in a team, but no responsibility as a team, its all placed on him
Simile "like a shroud"
- Comparison to a burial
- No rhyme scheme reflects all emotions he feels, taking it seriously
- Use of language is getting weaker