- Created by: nina Ilhan
- Created on: 30-12-18 13:45
- The thorax is the top part of your body.
- It`s separated from the lower part of the body by the diaphragm.
- The lungs are like big sponges and are protected by the ribcage. They`re surrounded by the pleural membranes.
1 of 2
- The air that you breathe in goes through the trachea. This splits into two tubes called bronchi (each one is a bronchus), one going to each lung.
- The bronchi split into progressively smaller tubes called bronchioles.
- The bronchioles finally end at small alveoli where the gas exchange takes place.
2 of 2