- Created by: annie_anders11
- Created on: 16-09-18 19:01
The Afterlife and Judgement
Christians believe in an afterlife. However, different Christians have different views on it:
- They will be ressurected and recieve eternal life after death - gift from God dependant on faith in God
- They will be judged by God at some point after death: rewarded through heaven OR punished through hell.
- This judgement will happen either very soon after death OR the Day of Judgement (the end of the world)
Some of the beliefs are found in Apostle's Creed: "[God] will come to judge the living and the dead"
- The Bible helps Christians understand what they will be judged on:
- Faith in Jesus as God's son
- Their behavior and actions during their lifetime.
- The Parable of the sheep and goats discribe how God will judge people.
- It teaches that in serving others, they are serving Jesus so they will be rewarded.
1 of 1