were are they found
- found outside the topics so 23.5 degrees Norht and South
- A major one include the America Plains.
1 of 5
- have extremely hot summers
- also they have very cold winter
- Summer Temperatures can be well over 100 degress Fahrenhei, 37.5
- in the winter the tempauter drop -40.
2 of 5
- main types are Chernozemic and Praires
- Chernozemic is a rich black soil costisitng of sand clay and decyaing biological material.
- Prauie soil forms in the sub humid temperature with tall grass as the native vegation.
3 of 5
- Many diffrenets type of grass make up the grassland.
- they adapted to surive long periods of drought or frost.
- long roots to help prevent soil erosion.
4 of 5
- many big cats hunt their prey on the grassland such as Cheetash and Lions.
- the Buffalo were the the main inhabitant before they were hunted to near extinction.
- grass is grazzed by variety of animals. incduilding Anteloe, Deer, Gazelles, Zebras, Rhions.
- They are also a small mammals that live near the ground for safety such as Mice, Jack Rabbits, Weasels, and may Species of Snake.
5 of 5
Similar Geography resources: