Causes, transmissions, symptoms and most at risk
Weight loss, fatigue, fever, coughing, coughing up blood, chest pain.
More at risk? People with reduced immunity:
- Cancer treatment
- Young or old
1 of 2
Preventions and control
Course of infection:
- Bacteria growth (upper region of lungs)
- WBC ingest
- Inflammation of lymph nodes (primary infection)
- Returns years later, not controlled easily
- Destroys lung tissue + can spread (post-primary infection).
Preventions and control:
- Vaccination (Weakened mycobacterium bovis, organism in which infects cattle)
- Better and improved housing.
- Education of drugs so people understand to finish the full course of antibiotics.
- Improved health facilities.
- Better nutrition to strengthen immune system
2 of 2