- Created by: Aiswani_S
- Created on: 29-07-14 13:12
What is a data structure
In computer Science, a data structure is a particular way of organizing data in a computer so that it can be used efficiently.
There are many examples of data structures such as:
- tagged union
- binary search trees
1 of 3
Examples of Data structures
print myList (e.g. Array)
2 of 3
- Data structures are important because they allow us to do many things with our data.
- They define a common terminology so that when a programmer sees code using an array he/she can automatically infer both how the data can be manipulated and how those manipulations will peform.
- Easier for programmers to edit things !in a list) because he/she wouldn't have to change a lot of the program
- Easier to find information in the data and use it for many purposes.
3 of 3