- Face name method - think of an image that is similar to the person's name and link that image to a prominent featyre on the person's face.
- Method of loci - create visual "location pegs" at specific places along a journey or positions in a room/house. Visually associate words with these locations.
- Chunking - rather than remember the whole string of numbers, develop a rule to group the numbers into "chunks"
- Encoding specificity principle - recall is better of the "retrieval context" is the same as the "encoding context", e.g. the same place, situation or mood when you learned it.
- Semantic encoding - think about the meaning (semantics) of the words rather than the sound (acoustic) or the way they appear (visual)
1 of 1