Birth of a star.
- Perticles and clouds come together due to gravity. They merge, forming a protostar.
- The protostar gets hotter and denser. If it gets hot enough, nuclei of hydrogen fuse.
- This releases energy, causing the star to grow and be born.
1 of 3
Shining stars/Sequence stars.
- Energy released keeps core hot, so fusion continues.
- Radiation flows out steadily.
- Gravity and pressure balanced.
2 of 3
End of a star.
- All hydrogen nuclei used up.
- Smells, cools, turns into a red giant.
- Helium and light elements used for fusion.
- Elements run out - fusion stops.
- Collapses in on itself, goes from red to yellow to white dwarf.
- Fades out and goes cold OR turns into a supernova depending on the size.
3 of 3