- Created by: Joshua
- Created on: 04-06-10 10:15
Motives of each
- The left of the party, including opposition in Trotsky, Zinoviev & Kamenev wanted to end NEP and go for rapid industrialization.
- The right wing, such as Bukharin, Rykov and Tomsky wanted to continue with NEP and encourage the peasants to become richer and spend money on consumer goods, allowing industry to grow at a normal rate.
- Stalin, being an opportunist allied with public opinion, which favoured the left.
1 of 2
Defeat of the Left
- Trotsky argued for a permanent revolution, encouraging the growth of communist abroad
- Stalin opposed Trotsky, advocating socialism in one country
2 of 2