- Introductory stage.
- At the bottom of the pyramid.
- Contains the most people.
- People start or try an activity, where they only have basic skills.
- Includes the compulsory sport you do at school.
- People may not understand all of the rules.
1 of 4
- CHOOSE to continue with a sport regularly (non-compulsory). eg. playing in an after-school club.
- Fewer people than at foundation level.
- Slightly higher level of skill than at foundation level.
- Not as competitive as at performance level.
2 of 4
- Where people play in leagues (though not at top levels).
- Where skill is improved by coaching & playing in competitions.
- Training seriously & comitted to improving you sport-related skills.
3 of 4
- Made up of relatively few performers.
- Competing at national & international levels.
- Requires huge amount of skill & determination.
4 of 4