- Created by: Courtney-Leigh Lorne
- Created on: 22-02-12 14:21
What is the Lithospheres?
The lithosphere is the solid, rocky layer covering the entire surface of the planet composed of the crust amd the hard uppermost mantle, and reacts to stresses as a brittle solid.
What is biosphere?
The biosphere is made up of all that is living on earth, from the smallest bacterium to the largest whale.
- and many more!
What is the atmosphere?
Atmosphere is the blanket of gases which surrounds Earth. It is held near the surface of the planet by Earth's gravitational attraction. Without the atmosphere there could be no life on Earth. The atmosphere :
- contains the air we breathe;
- protects life from harmful radiation from the Sun;
- Helps keep the planet's heat from the Sun from escaping back into sapce;
- is a major element of the water cycle;
The atmosphere is made up of a mixture of gases, mostly nitrogen, oxygen, argon and carbon dioxide!
What is the hydrosphere?
The hydrosphere is the liquid component of the Earth this is water. It includes the oceans, seas, lakes, ponds, rivers and streams.