Aim: To test the function of seperated and independent hemispheres
Partcipants: oppurtunity sample, 11 participants who had undergone surgery to remove the corpus calosum to control their epilepsy
- Sperry used a number of tasks in order to investigate lateralisation of brain function
- Laboratory conditions
- Using specialised equipment
- Highly standardised. The tasks all involved setting tasks separately to the two hemispheres.
- Participants had to centre their gaze and cover one eye as are Images flashed on a screen
1 of 2
- When an item shown to right visual field the person was able to say and write what they saw
- When an item was shown to left visual field the person was only able to draw it
- The left hempsihere is responsible for language and the right is responsible for creativity
- studies demonstrate that there is lateralisation of function.
2 of 2