- Created by: DoRevision123
- Created on: 30-04-17 16:53
- 50.2% male, 49.8% female.
- 4.4 million population.
- North rivers: Jetski and Klip.
- South rivers: himpopo and Vaal.
- Universities: Witwatersrand and University of Johannesburg.
- 46% black, 23% white European.
- at some point, 40% of gold in world produced here.
- 14% not religious, 53% in mainstream church.
1 of 2
- Paradise Birmingham - recreational area with cinema, bowling, eateries and hotel(1.8m^2, 25 rooms).
- First major urban development outside of London - 120 office spaces.
- 6 zones - Food hub, life service campus, manufacturing hub, long bridge ITEC park, city centre enterprise .
- University of Birmingham - founded by Sir Ashton Webb, 1938.
- Used to be very rural, now surrounded by major roads and student aconmendations costing £1 billion.
2 of 2
Similar Geography resources: