- The government has made radio adverts, TV adverts and awareness campaigns explaining about contraceptives.
- An NGO is addressing by delivering very cheap contraception which is subsided by the World Health Organisation.
- Due this programme, the popualtion growth rate has dropped from 4.2% to 3%.
1 of 5
- To reduce the infant mortality rate, funding from Canada is used to provide free vaccination for children.
- Improved maternity care helps the mothers to survive.
- Parents are encouraged to space out the births so the mothers have enough time to recover.
2 of 5
- The German government are funding and forest management scheme.
- The plan is to plant new forests and educate the population on how to look after and use the forests.
3 of 5
- 61% of girl went to primary school in the 1990's.
- 1/4 of women in the Gambia could read and write.
- The government have an education campaign that educates girls which reduce the birthrate because in the future they would be working.
4 of 5
- The Islamic leaders have changed their view regarding contraception.
- They are in favour for it because they said God has provided them with the contraception resources to reduce the birthrate.
5 of 5