Two reasons why a source may not be accurate
- Because it may have been changed or adapted inaccuratley
- Unstructured interviews make unreliable data because not everybody will have been asked the same questions.
Two reasons why a source might not be useful
- Methods may have been carried out on the same sublculture so the results are not representative.
- Only one researchers interpretation so the results can not be generalised.
An advantage and a disadvantage of surveys
Dis - Only tell us what somebody thinks at one moment in time
Ad - Help us to see what people think on a certain sunject or issue
2 Ads & Dis of Participant Observation
Ads - Acting as part of the group under study
- You will understand things as they do
Dis - Difficult to gain access to the group you want to study
- Hard to record findings
Advantage of non participant observation
What is content analysis?
A method used by sociologists to study the content of the media.
What is a case study?
The detailed and in - depth study of one particular group or situation to get as much info as possible.
What is the Primary agent of socialisation?
______ are the unwritten and unspoken rules of soc
For data to be ______ it needs to give the researc
________ is a secondary agent of socialisation.
What is role conflict?
When the demands of one role clash with the demands of another.
________ encourages behaviour associated with bein