- Consists of two generations, parents and children
- Adults are responsible for children who are there own or adopted
- An extended version of the nuclear family
- Includes members from third generation e.g. Grandparents
Argued that the family had had changed through time (4 stages), from an extended family to a nuclear family as a result of industrialization, reflected in the needs from society and time
- Is a dwelling where one or more people live
- Contrasted concept
- How does a household, become your household?
- Does it depend on
- how long have you slept their?
Examined young adults living together and forming relationships which aren't "family relationships", they are shared households