sociology mock week
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN JOBS
Sociology - is a study about society, it explores the social factors that shape human behaviour and the way that society influences our daily life's.
Psychology- the science of mind and behaviour.
biology - the study of living organisms, such as animals and plants.
journalism - writing or reporting for newspaper, news broadcast or the Internet.
CARRYING OUT RESEARCH
1. developing research aims and a hypotheses
2. carrying out a pilot study - small scale trial
3. selecting a sample - stratified, random or snowball sampling
4. collecting data - interviews , questinaires etc
5. Analysing the data
6. evaluating the studies aims
Stratified sampiling - is when you slect your sample via diffrent varieties.
Random samplinig- when you pick anyone as apart of your sample.
is presented as statistics and numbers like poll results , rate of marriages.
hand delivered survays
are presented in visual or verbal form, like magazines, newspaper.T.V
observations ( covert and overt )