1 of 4
- Media representations of social class focuses on the working class in particular traditional working class communities. E.g. EastEnders and Coronation Street
- Nostalgic view of working class community life, no longer experienced by most working class people.
- Linked to social problems related to scrounging from welfare or criminal activities.
2 of 4
3 of 4
- Media representations of working class falling into two categories:
- Positive portrayals of 'happy' and 'deserving' poor people
- Negative images of people on benefits
- Research examines way certain groups like 'chavs' become target of media-generated moral panics.
4 of 4