- Created by: Jacinta Musundi`
- Created on: 18-05-10 09:40
- Covert observation avoids ethical problems of getting information such as when studying deviant groups
- Lets the observer to get a better understanding of the group being studied.
- Lets the observer ask open and personal questions
- Allows the researcher to ask open questions which may be very personal
- A group may refuse an observer to observe the group's activities or the group may restrict what activities they may let the observeror see.
- This could also be like the hawthorne effect where those that are being observed behave differently.
1 of 1
Similar Sociology resources: