Civil partnership act (2004)
- same sex couples can now get married officially.
- civil partners are entitled to the same rights as civil marriages.
- They are entitled to the sam tax, social security, benefits, inheritance and parental responsibility.
1 of 5
Divorce reform act (1969)
- No guilty party.
- Women could now divorce their husbands
- Grounds of consideration for a divorce - adultery, cruelty, desertion and no fault separation grounds.
- Criticised for causing increase in divorce rates.
- Good for womens choice and freedom.
2 of 5
Child tax credit (2003)
- Tax relief for families where both partners are employed but are in low income or pay.
- Criticised for being unfair on other family types, e.g single parents.
3 of 5
Child support agency -CSA (1993)
- Natural parents must provide financial support for their children.
- Force parents to accept responsibility.
- Supports the view that the nuclear family is best.
- Strong incentive to think twice about divorce.
- Critcised for inefficiency
- Critcised for treating men unfairly
4 of 5
Adoption laws (2002)
- Cant adopt without birth parents consent or court placement.
- Adopted children have rights to contact their birth family and to inheritance.
- Families must be approved by the government.
- Ethnicity etc must be considered.
5 of 5