Survival Of Ethnic Sports
- Festival- costumes, singing and dancine. Carnival atmosphere. Pagan or medieval ritual.
- Local- Often unique to the area, increases local pride. E.g. Hallaton- Medbourne competition (Hallaton Bottle Kicking)
- Occasional- Often on a bank holiday.e.g. hallaton bottle kicking on eater monday. Desires to escape the pressures of modern life.
- Rowdy- Associated with drinking, singing, and celebration.
- Isolated- Inaccessability of some rural areas allows local customs to prevail. Ethnic or cultural identity.
- Social- Important social occasions bringing community together, often focused around the pub. It's entertaining and enjoyable.
- Traditional- Celebration of the past, historical competition between settlements.
- Tourism- attracts media coverage, originally attracted people from surrounding villages. Also increases transport, means people can travel further a field. People used to travel by foot, so now means its available to more people.
1 of 1
Similar Physical Education resources: