- Created by: Abbie
- Created on: 20-06-16 12:19
Evaluation of agency theory as an explanation of o
- Agency theory can be applied to horrific events such as the Holocaust to help us understand why they did it. (As a defence mechanism, they denied their actions and passed them on)
- Supports Milgram's original (1965) study of obedience, where 65% of participants were willing to shock another person - agentic state.
- Doesn't explain individual differences - e.g personality type. Gretchen Brandt.
- Difficult to measure as they are internal states of mind.
1 of 1