- The piece is pentatonic, and mainly syllabic.
- The melody alternates between 1 bar phrases.
1 of 6
Harmony and Tonality
- In the key of G major.
- There are diatonic harmonies.
- The 3 main chords are: G, Em, C
- It has a modal feel.
2 of 6
- Combines both folk and rock instruments.
- Rock - synthesiser, piano, bass guitar and drum kit.
- Folk- Fiddle, accordion, pipes and bouzouki.
3 of 6
- Phrase 1 - Call (in Gaelic)
- Refrain 1 - Response (vocables)
- Phrase 2 - Call (In Gaelic)
- Refrain 2 - Response (Vocables)
4 of 6
- The texture is contrapuntal and heterophonic.
- It builds up in layers.
5 of 6
Rhythm, Metre and Tempo
- The metre is 12/8.
- There is a frequent use of syncopation, and cross-rhythms are used.
6 of 6