Good settlement places-olden times
- Be at the top of a hill-so they can see attackers coming.
- Land needs to be fairly flat so you can build on the ground easily.
- Needs to be water source near by e.g spring/river.
- Needs to have short grass in some places for grazing animals.
- Needs to have some fertile soil to grow crops.
1 of 2
- Site is the description of the land somthing is on (height + type of material).
- situation is the description of other places in relation to where you are (includes distance + direction).
- Dwelling is a building that you live in (like a house or flat).
- Settlement is a place where people live; it could be a hamlet, village, town or city.
2 of 2