- The Gurdwara is the place where Sikh's come together for congretional worship.
- The first Gurdwara was built by Guru Nanak.
- There are four doors into a Gurdwara, known as the Door of Peace, the Door of Livelihood, the Door of Learning and the Door of Grace.
- After service they all eat together in the Langar. They all sit on the floor to show that they everybody is equal.
- The sikh holy book (the Guru Granth Sahib) is kept in it's own room, in the Gurdwara.
- Anyone, of any faith, can visit the Gurdwara and will be made welcome.
- Sikhs do not have ordained priests and any Sikh can lead the prayers and recite the scriptures to the congregation.
- Each Gurdwara has a Granthi who organises the daily services and reads from the Guru Granth Sahib.
1 of 1