- Separating a solvent from a solution. (Salt water)
- Heat solution of salt water.
- Liquid evaporates, vapours pass through condenser where it cools and turns into liquid, dripping into beaker.
- Salt left behind in connical flask.
- Water has lower boiling than salt that's why it separates.
1 of 2
- Separating a liquid from a mixture of two or more liquids.
- Works because of different boiling points.
- Evaporation of one liquid before the other.
- Same process as simple disillation but one liquid will drip through before the other so need to monitor temperature of mixture.
- Need to find out boiling temperature of each liquid before start.
2 of 2