- Germany promised to keep out of Morocco.
- 1910 France made a huge loan to Morocco, and took control of customs and taxes.
- In 1910 France took a gunboat to Agadir in southern Morocco (German newspapers were angry).
1 of 4
- March 1911 there was a rebellion in northern Morocco. The Frence sent an army to defend. (angered the Germans).
- June 1911, Germany announced that they needed protected German citizens in southern Morocco (even though there were no German citizens in southern Morocco)
- July 1991, Wilhelm sent a gunship Panther to Agadir. To 'rescue' one German.
2 of 4
- War-fever in German and Britain.
- Lloyd George attcked Germany and promised support for France ('Mansion House speech').
- November 1911: Treaty of Berlin - Germany was forced to remove the gunship and accept instead a small piece of land in the congo.
- Morocco became a French colony.
3 of 4
- German resentment: Wilhelm said: 'these events have shown the German people where its enemy is'.
- Historian written: 'the kaiser was determind not to be loser in the next crisis'.
4 of 4