- Created by: chelsie
- Created on: 17-06-09 19:16
Crime Scene Investigators:
- work with police
- investigates serious crimes i. burglarys, assault, murder and reckless driving.
- Gather & interpret info from the crime scene i.e. the burgled house, the place where assault took place etc..
The crime scene investigators job is to retrieve , examine and investigate the physical evidence that could help to trace the convict criminal. This includes...
- taking fingerprints
- examining victims;suspects;property and clothing for traces of forensic evidence.
- facial identification techniques
- collecting, recording, storing and submitting evidence.
The role of environment protection officers is very varied and can range from planning consultations to investigating pollution incidents eg. oil spill.
Activities of the Environment Protection include:
- monitoring industrial sites, e.g. chemical stores
- testing pollution levels of water
- educating farmers on how to keep fertilizer records.
Officers may work for the environment agency, which collects and monitors data on environmental protection.
The services undertaken by the agency include...
- collecting air quality data - to monitor climatic changes;
- monitoring and protecting wildlife
- and ensuring that hazordous waste has been disposed of correctly
- check health and safety standards are being met
- need to have a good understanding of chemical analysis and the law
- They need to also be up to date with food technology.
Analysts are often employed by the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
The FSA provides adviceand info to the public + goverment on food safety.
- It monitors nutrition and diet;
- Handles food licensing and safety;
- Ensures that food is labelled correctly;
- And researches food-borne illnesses.