How many dna bases are there? What are the letter codes for the bases and which letter code do they pair to?
DNA bases- answers
· Each nucleotide contains a small molecule called a base. DNA has 4 different bases: ADENINE (A), CYTOSINE (C), GUANINE (G), THYMINE (T).
· The 2 strands are held together by the bases, which always pair up in the same way-its always A&T, C&G. This is simply called base pairing.
Production Of proteins in a cell
How Does DNA Control The Production Of Proteins In A Cell?
Production Of proteins in a cell- Answers
- Cells make proteins by joining amino acids together in a particular order.
- Its the order of the bases in a gene that tells the cell in what order to put the amino acids together.
- Each set of three bases (called a triplet) codes for ONE amino acid.
- DNA also determines which genes are switched on or off- and so which protein the cell produces. For Example: Keratin, which in turn determines what type of cell it is (skin cell).