- Convection is when a gas or liquid moves and carries heat with it.
- The heat is passed on by fluid expanding
- A convection current is when the warm fluid will try to float over colder fluid and this is why warm air rises.
1 of 3
- Conduction is when heat is transfered through a solid.
- The heat is passed on by vibrations
- The vibrations get bigger when the solid has more energy( when it is being heated)
2 of 3
- Any hot object will emit heat radiation.
- The hotter it is the more it emits.
- The difference with radiation is that conduction and convection could only happen in solids,liquids and gases. Where as radiation will happen through a vacuum.
Emit means give out
Vacuum means empty space
3 of 3