- Created by: Bex.s
- Created on: 22-04-15 18:16
Carbohydrates are used for energy such as bread, potatos and cereals
Protein is used for cell development such as meat, eggs and fish
Fats are used for energy such as butter, oil and cream.
Vitamins are used to keep your body fnctioning normally such as vegetables fruit and cereal.
Minerals are needed for your blood, teeth, bones and your nerves such as iron, calcium and sodium.
Fibre is used to prevent constipation such as vegetables, fruit and cereal
Your body is 75% water and it is needed for digestion to take place, also, it keeps the body hydrated and provides energy.
Food Group reactions.
If protein is present, the biuret soltion goes purple.
Starch- Iodine soltion goes purple.
Fat- filter paper goes see through.
1) food is chewed and th enzymes in the saliva break up the food.
2) the food passes through the oesophagus to the stomach.
3) the stomach's muscles walls produce gastric juices that contain protease enzymes.
4) indigestable food goes through the large intestine, water is absorbed and the remaning food becomes faeces. Or the digestable food goes to the small intestine, where amylase, protease and lipase enzymes are produced and break up the carbs and protein then, the food is absorbed into the blood stream and the rest is stored as faecese.
5) Faeces are stored in the rectum and exits the body through the anus
Glucose + Oxygen = carbon dioxide + water + energy
C6H12O6 O2 CO2 H2O