Were the Pesants content?
- Stolypins Reforms Positive
- Good Harvests - 1913 record harvest
- Kulaks formed
- Supporting the countriesindustral growth
- Supporters of efficient agriculture
- 4/5 peasants remained peasants,60% remaned illiterate
- Huge Gap between Rich and Poor
- Many peasants sold land and migrated to trans-sibera, to be dispointed with no land
1 of 5
Were the workers content?
- Zemstva - extended health services
- 1912 - insurence for workers
- Stolypn -Eduction improved for everyone
- Working conditions poor
- Lacked effective Trade Unions and Legal Protection (mercy of employee's)
- Gained little from the Boom
- Strikes - Lena Goldfield (500 killed)
2 of 5
Were the middle class content?
- Expansion of qualified people (doctors etc) - - - Growth of middle class
- More conservative in outlook of the Tsar (supportive)
- Growth of revolutionary ideas (Marxist)
- Bolsheviks grow
- Lenin and Trotsky exiled
- 3000 hung - Stolypin's neck tie
- Duma's only look afterNobles
3 of 5
Did economic growth have a strong basis?
- Economy less reliant on foreign investment (more self financing)
- Economic Boom
- LargestEconomic power
- 4th Largest provider ofcoal
- Prices Rose - Inflation 40%
- Economy still unstable
- Communication links still weak
4 of 5
Had the Tsar reached a new Stable poltical basis?
- Autocracy evolved - Tsar working with Duma
- Opportunity for further reform
- Majority still Loyal to Tsar until War
- Future looked promising
- Witte - 'the government was a great illusion of our century'
- Anti-Tsarism by Duma and Zemstva
- Secret Police unwilling to work with Police
5 of 5