- 1861-1900's the peasants were called 'surfs'.
- Population was growing, and the land was halfing.
- Autocratic Leader. Monarch leader. Sharing no power.
- Rasputin = 'Starlet'. Controlling Alexei's haemophilla through hypnosis.
- Liberals, Social Revolutionaries, & Social Democrats = main opponents.
- 1904 = Russo-Japanese War - fighting for control of Korea and Manchuria
- 22 Jan 1905 = Bloody Sunday. -Petition handed to Tsar Nicholas.
- ^ March Led by Father Gapon.
- Oct 1905 = October Manifesto. -Russia can have a Duma. 3dom speech
- 1906 = New Primeminister. =Stolypin.
- 1915 = Tsar took control of the Army.
- 15 million joined Army due to Conscription.
- Left Tsarina with Rasputin - Rumored they were German spies.
- "Dark forces destroying the throne".
1 of 2
- 1917: Kerensky & Provisional Government in charge of USSR.
- Stalin & Trotsky should not be given power.
- Hunger does not wait.
- Peasant uprising does not wait.
- War does not wait.
- Set up Council of the People's Commissars . (The Sovnarkom)
- 8 Nov = First decree = Peace with Germany.
- The Bolsheviks - "Bread, Peace, and Land".
- Pesants given Tsar's and The Churches' land.
- Factories + Industries put in hands of the workers.
- April Theses - March 1917 : Give the people what they deserve. Demand and end to war. All power to Soviets. Land taken from owners, and given to pesants.
2 of 2