Roles of Men and Women in Church and Family
- God created humans 'in his own image...male and female He created them' - they were created equally
- Eve was created from Adam's rib bone - man was created first and woman second, as a helper, women were made for men
- Jesus' attitude towards women in the Gospels shows that he treats women equally
- 'Wives be submissive to your husbands.'
- 'There is neither...male nor female...for you are all one in Jesus Christ'
- Women are the weaker sex - Eve gave in to temptation of the apple tree
Women in the Church
- Church of England - female ministers
- Anglican Church - debating whether a woman can be a bishop
- Roman Catholic & Orthodox - no women ministers - Jesus only chose men to be his disciples and at the Eucharist, the priest presents Jesus
- Methodist Church - allowed women as ministers for many years
Mother - provides a loving home for the family - Mary, mother of Jesus is the role model
Father - earns the money, protective, works, traditonally head of a Christian family
1 of 1