RRON (R,O) (Rothery's categories for evaluatiing
- The child (writer) makes an observation, then follows it up with an evaluative comment.
e.g (observation) i saw a tiger, it was very large (evaluative comment)
- Usually a chronological sequence of events
- Written subjectively, e.g recount of a chool trip, "i did this, i did that"
1 of 2
RRON (R,N) (Rothery's categories for evaluatiing c
- A factual description of events/things
- Tends not to be chronological
- A story genre (created by the child)
- Scene is set for events to occur, and then resolved at the end
2 of 2