- Created by: Sadia
- Created on: 17-11-12 10:04
The four main forms of river erosion
- Hydraulic action - the force of the river against the banks can cause air to be trapped in cracks and crevices. The pressure weakens the banks and gradually wears it away.
- Abrasion - rocks carried along by the river wear down the river bed and banks.
- Attrition - rocks being carried by the river smash together and break into smaller, smoother and rounder particles.
- Solution - soluble particles are dissolved into the river.
1 of 1