- Created by: twomoodz
- Created on: 08-04-18 20:19
The first stage takes us from a thought in the mind of God to a thought in the mind of the human author. Revelation is “making known to others what was previously unknown to them.” That is what revelation is. It is making known to others what was previously unknown to them. That is, when God reveals, He reveals to men or He makes known to men what was previously unknown by those men.
We are in need of revelation in four particular areas.
1) Man is entirely dependent upon revelation first of all for his knowledge of God.
2) We are also entirely dependent upon revelation for our knowledge of the origin of men.
3) We are also entirely dependent upon revelation for our knowledge of our responsibility to God. That is, the only way you can know what your responsibility is to God is, is for God to tell you what that responsibility is.
4) The last thing is that we are entirely dependent upon revelation for our knowledge of the future of man and his universe.
After the truth of God was revealed to the mind of the author, the next step is from the mind of the human author to writing it down on a piece of paper. It was written down in the original Hebrew for the Old Testament or the original Greek for the New Testament manuscripts.