- Created by: Former Member
- Created on: 02-01-12 20:11
1) What is a laboratory experiment?
2) What is a field experiment?
3) What is a natural experiment?
1) A lab experiment is conducted in a special environment where variables are controlled. Participants are aware that they are taking part but might not know the true aim.
2) A field experiment is conducted in a more natural environment. The independent variable is still deliberately manipulated by the researcher. Participants do not know they are being studied on.
3) A natural experiment is where the researcher cannot control the independent variable. There is no manipulation involved by the researcher.