Non- renewable energy resources
- Natural gas
- Nuclear fuel
These will all run out one day.
(Just remember CONN for the non renewable energy resources)
1 of 4
- The fossil fuels (natural gas, oil and coal) release carbon dioxide. This adds to the greenhouse effect, causing global warming. We could bury the fossil fuels underground to stop it from being released into the atmosphere but it is very expensive to do so.
- Burning coal and oil releases sulphur dioxide. This adds to acid rain. We can reduce this by removing the sulphur before burning it.
- Oil spillages damage the environment resulting in many animals homes being destroyed.
- Nuclear power is clean, but nuclear waste is difficult to dispose of and dangerous.
2 of 4
Renewable energy resources
(These will never run out.)
3 of 4
About renewable resources
- There is much less pollution than there is in non- renewable energy resources.
- They can be replaced.
- Often, they can be more expensive than the non- renewables.
- Some of them are unreliable as they depend on the weather (solar panels).
- They don't provide as much energy as the non- renewables.
4 of 4