- Created by: Kieran
- Created on: 16-05-11 11:01
Religious Teachings On Death
Christian (Islam & Judaism have similar beliefs)
- The dying are told to trust god's mercy and forgiveness.
- They have a belief in an eternal life in heaven and an eternal suffering in hell.
- Some Catholics believe in PURGATORY- A time of cleansing your sins before entering heaven.
Hindu (Buddism and Sikhism have similar beliefs)
- Reletives read sacred texts to the dying and pray.
- Rites (SAMSKARAS) are carried out after death to ensure better reincarnation.
- At death, ATMAN (Soul) moves on to a new body. (Depending on KARMA)
- Their main aim is to escape SAMSARA (Cycle of Birth-Death-Re-Birth) and achieve MAKSHA. (Being one with god)
1 of 1