- Big Bang- A scientific theory that a cosmic explosion caused the world to exist.
- Creation- The act of creating something or the thing that is made, in the Bible, the making of the world by God.
- Creationalists/Literalists- A name given to Christians who interpret the Bible literally and accept every word of the Genesis creation story as literally true.
- Domination- The idea that humans have control over or responsibility for the Earth.
- Evolution- The way in which animals and plants adapt to their surroundings- the survival of the fittest.
- Ex nihilo- A latin term relating to the creation story meaning the universe was created over nothing.
- Genesis- The first book of the Bible which contains the stories of the creation.
- Humanity- Caring and showing kindness to others, often a term used for all humans
1 of 2
- Non-literalist- A name given to a Christian who interprets the Bible as more of a story than a literalist and believes it contains important truths but is not a factual account.
- Stewardship- The God-given right or responsibility to care for and manage the world.
2 of 2