Mog Edwards and Myfanwy Price
- Never actually with each other
- Semantic field of money - "for the money to be comfy"
- Dream / Fantisied
- Mog Loves money/pictures Myfanwy as money - "And he hugs his lovely money to his own heart"
- "Shop at Mogs!" - always advertising - never misses a oppertunity for a sale
- "I love you more than all the flannelette and calico, candlewick, dimity......" - list hows Mog gets carried away and contidictes his point of loving her more.
- Unrealistic fantisy
- "Hot water bottled body" - this suggests that Myfanwy is actually currelled up in her dressing gown all cosy
- Engaged/ on the verge of engagment
- Finatial transaction
1 of 4
Mrs Ogmore-Prichard and Mr Ogmore and Mr Prichard
- Mrs Ogmore-Prichard = control freak - germ a phobic
- Mr O and Mr P are treated like children - "Mr Prichard- "I must....", "Mr Ogmore - " I must..."
- Doe not like guests/people in her house
- Mr O and P fear Mrs OP - "you first , Mr Ogmore", "After you, Mr Prichard"
- Sematic field of cleaning and acid/bleach - "there is acid love in her voice"
2 of 4
Mr and Mrs Cherry-Owen
- Mr CO regularly drunk - Cherry-Owen "I always say she's got two husbands" says Cherry-Owen "One drunk and one sober"
- Mrs CO doesnt mind her husband being drunk - accepting - care free - Mrs Cherry-Owen "And aren't I a lucky woman because I love them both"
- Have little money and things - both dont mind - moeny spent on Mr CO's drinks
- Happy joking relationship - "Mr and Mrs Cherry Owen laugh delightedly together"
- Personal short hand speach
- Take life as a joke
3 of 4
Mr and Mrs Pugh
- Unhappily married
- Mr Pugh plans to kill Mrs Pugh - "and as quick as a flash he ducks her in rat soup" - helped by first voice to show contrast between real life and his imagination - gives Mr P something to do
- Mrs Pugh very patronising - as if her husband is uneducated or simple minded - "Person with manners do not read at table"
- Formal language - "persons"
- Mr P uses mimcking laugaue
- They push against each other - to be right over the other one - Mrs P usually get the last say
- Hatred for each other only thing they share
4 of 4