- Created by: Jack Baynes
- Created on: 13-11-18 17:35
Heating is an ENERGY TRANSFER
- It can be done by either CONDUCTION or CONVECTION
- THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY = how quickly energy is transferred through a material by conduction.
- CONVECTION = warmer particles rise, cool particles sink.
1 of 5
Insulation Technique 1
- Inner wall and outer wall with AIR GAP in middle
- Air gap reduces amount of energy transferred by CONDUCTION through the walls
- If the air gap is filled with FOAM, the energy transferred by CONVECTION is reduced.
2 of 5
Insulation Technique 2
- Can reduce CONVECTION CURRENTS that are created in lofts
3 of 5
Insulation Technique 3
- They work in the same way as cavity walls - they have an AIR GAP.
- This prevents energy transfer by CONDUCTION through the windows
4 of 5
Insulation Technique 4
- When placed around doors and windows, they reduce energy by CONVECTION.
5 of 5