- Understood knowledge in terms of what is `completely certain`.
What is certainty?
- Subjective & psycholgical meaning.
- Logical meaning.
- That a proposition cannot be doubted.
1 of 2
- A proposition is contingent if it could be true or false.
- e.g there are more types of insect than there are animals. But this wasnt always true and oe day it might be false again.
- Aposteriori knowledge is contingent.
- A proposition is necessary if it is not only true- but must be true.
- e.g mathematives are usually thought to be necessary- 2 +2 must equal 4.
- Analytic truths are necessary.
Introspection and tautology:
- A tautology is a statement that says the same thing twice in different words.
- what is tautological is certain.
Can any beliefs other than beliefs about analytic truths be
2 of 2