Treating people diffrently because of their Race,Gender,Religion or Class
Decision not to have sex before Marriage, for example sex is sacred
- obey the law
- care for the earth
- reliigious teaching
- responsibility to God
-Ultimate being (creator and sustainer of the world)
-Deity( a invisible form of power behind the world)
Views on divorce and remarriage?
- Divorce is accepted
- Remarriage is discouraged
- Divorce is allowed as last resort
- Can remarry but no suffering (dukkha)
Views on sex,celibacy and contraception?
- Sex is a gift from god
- Priest expexted to be celibate
- Not cause suffering
- Adultury causes Dukkha
How does the media influence attitudes?
- Shows injustices that are happening around the world
- Distorts or censors the truth
- Encourages social responsibilities
- Creates pressure
Racial, Social ans Gender divisions?
- God created all humans equal regardless of race and gender
- Good samaritian shows the importance of caring
- All people are equal and have possibilitys of enlightenment
- Metta shown to all
Why are people prejudiced?
- Family Pressure
- Peer pressure
When a person is judged without and evidence.Treat others as they wish to be treated
Being treated the same. Many religious believers would say all people are equal in the eye of god.
Views on Wealth and Charity?
- The bible teaches the importance of sharing (John the baptist)
- "love of money is the root of all evil"
- Money shouldn't be spent on gambling or alcohol
- Many give one tenth of wealth to charity
Views on Marriage,Cohabitation and same-sex relati
- Most denominations don't have a betrothal ceromony
- Anglican-may bless same sex relationships
- Quakers-Welcome same sex relationships
- No official view on same sex marriage controlled so no one suffers.
Right of power over others.It may be a person such as priest,a set of laws or teaching sacred text.
Witholding someones human rights,for example imprisonment without trial
Somthing that points to or explains somthing else e.g.the crusifix for catholics
Christian wedding ceremony?
- Held in church,chapel or cathedral
- Vows-show commitment
- Exchanging of the rings
- Signing of the register
The personality and character of an individual.Each person is unique
Apologies or saying sorry,and become friends again many faith communities have services
Making and keeping a promise, such as wedding vows
To have a deep affection and express it through words and actions
Duties you should carry out such as looking after family members
Working against eeach other rather than in unity. conflict in marriae can lead to divorce.