- may be filled with awarness that there is something greater than them.
- if you feel the presence of something greater than you then you will beleive in God.
- commit themselves to God.
- Feel God is calling them
- measnthat God has acted on earth
- Only explanation is God, making you beleive in him.
- feels that God i listening to them
- answereed prayer leads to a stronger belief in God
1 of 6
How it leads to disbelief
- they may feel like God is not listening to them
- thinking 'why do i bother' and give up, becoming agnostic or athiest
- Christians are taught that God loves them and answers prayers.
- Wonder why some peoples prayers are answered and not thiers.
- No evidence of God listening or helping in anyway
An unanswered prayer can be explained
- if you pray for selfish things
- God has a different plan
- Giving what we need rather than what we want
- It is not what they expected
2 of 6
Evidence for design
- Laws of science, DNA, Evoulstion, Beauty of Nature, Seasons, Tides
- everything needs a designer
- evidence of design
- only possible designer would be God
- appreciation of beauty
- sceince can explain how things occur, but not why
- design flaws - volcanoes, natural disasters
- sceince can explain the appreance of design
- does not explain things like dinosaurs
- only proves a designer, not God.
3 of 6
Evidence of causation
- everything we do has a cause and effect
- there must be a first cause - God
- God must have a caus, why should the process stop with God
- the process of causes goes back for eternitites
- even if there was a first cause, doesnt mean it was God
- just ebcause everything in the universe needs a cause, does not mean the universe itself needs a cause and explanation
4 of 6
Evil and Suffering
Evil and suffering causes people to reject God:
- If God is omnipotent, he must be able to remove evil and suffering from the world.
- If God is omnibenevolent, he must want to remove all evil.
- if God exists, there should be no evil
- either God is not all good and powerful or he does not exist
- an all loving and powerful God would not have created a world with flaws
5 of 6
- Christian parents are likely to have their children baptised, promising them to believe in God and be good Christians
- Children will be taught about God
- Children may go to a church school
- parents teach their children to pray to God
- Children will believe their parents
- They will believe that God exists becasue their parents will not waste time praying to nothing.
6 of 6