Are used for researching:
1. Large number of people, where forms can be handed out.
2. Widely dispersed group of people, where forms can be posted.
Essence of a good questionnaire:
· Asks right questions to get exactly the information wanted.
· Questions asked in a clear and simple manner so that is can be understood by people.
· It is short as possible. Completing a long questionnaire is time consuming.
v Low response rate- makes the survey useless and a small number of replies may not be representative.
v In depth- difficult to go into because questions need to be clear and simple.
v Right person- never sure that the person in the right person who is answering the questionnaire.
v Interpretation- never sure that the person who replies to the questionnaire interprets questionnaire in the way that researcher intended- replies might means something different from what the researcher believes they mean.
v Lying- not telling the truth when answering the questionnaire, ethical reasons.